Phoenix, Arizona – March 31, 2017 – The National Insulation Association (NIA) announced the 2016 Theodore H. Brodie Distinguished Safety Award winners at its 62nd Annual Convention in Phoenix, Arizona, on March 30, 2017.
NIA’s Safety Award is the only national award for outstanding safety performance in the mechanical insulation industry. NIA created the award program more than a decade ago to recognize top companies that have established structured safety programs to ensure the well-being of their employees and create safe working environments.
NIA’s Safety Award program honors 4 levels of excellence: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze for Associates (Manufacturers), Contractors, Distributors/Fabricators, and Metal Building Laminators.
In the Contractor category, 8 Irex subsidiaries were awarded the highest level:
- Advanced Energy Protection, LLC, East Petersburg, PA
- Advanced Industrial Services, LLC, Toledo, OH
- Advanced Nuclear, LLC, East Petersburg, PA
- Advanced Specialty Contractors, LLC, Aston, PA
- Atlantic Contracting & Specialties, LLC, Hicksville, NY
- Cornerstone Services Group, LLC, Kansas City, MO
- I-Star Energy Solutions, East Petersburg, PA
- Summit Contracting, LLC, Salt Lake City, UT
Throughout the judging process, applicant companies remain anonymous and winners are evaluated on the basis of their overall safety program, means of communication, and safety policy. The judging panel of expert safety professionals includes Health and Safety Committee leadership and NIA’s General Counsel Gary Auman of Dunlevey, Mahan & Furry. All applicant companies receive an individualized and detailed Safety Training Analysis Results (STAR) Report. The STAR Report includes personalized recommendations based on each applicant’s answers to the application questions.
Click here to view the full article